The Ashton Johnson Memorial Scholarship is intended to help veterans interested in pursuing careers in aviation. We’re looking for veterans with honorary military performance along with passion, drive and tenacity either starting off or in the process of private pilot training.
- Must be a member of the US Military or retired from service with an honorable discharge.
- Applicants must have an FAA Airman Medical valid for 1st or 2nd Class privileges at time of application and selection.
- We ask applicants to fill out the prerequisite scholarship questions and submit a 1 —2 page essay detailing your background both in and out of the military, your goals in an aviation career, and what this scholarship would mean to you.
We are now accepting scholarship applications for 2023. Applications can be submitted starting May 1st and is open for 60 days.
For 2023, 5 recipients will be selected for $10,000 scholarships. Each recipient will receive distributions in the following amounts after the completion of the task.
- Upon Selection – $3000
- Completion of First Solo – $3000
- Completion of Solo XC – $2000
- Signed off for Check Ride – $2000