Lieutenant General Steven R. Polk is Keynote Speaker at Gala
We are proud and honored that Lt. Gen. Steven R. Polk will be our keynote speaker at the Gala Event in October.
Lt. Gen. Steven R. Polk is the former Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. He oversaw Air Force inspection policy, criminal investigations, counterintelligence operations, intelligence oversight, complaints, and fraud, waste and abuse programs. He was also responsible for two field operating agencies – the Air Force Inspection Agency and Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
General Polk is from Bay City, Texas. He graduated and was commissioned from the U.S. Air Force Academy in June 1968 with a bachelor of science degree in aeronautical engineering. Prior to his Inspector General assignment, he was Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces. Other assignments include worldwide flying duty and a tour as an instructor and assistant professor of engineering mechanics at the academy. Staff appointments include Director of Operations at Headquarters Pacific Air Forces and Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations at Headquarters Allied Air Forces Northwestern Europe, NATO, as well as duty at Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Headquarters U.S. Air Force. General Polk has commanded a tactical fighter squadron, a tactical training wing, an operations group, two fighter wings and a numbered air force. He is a Command pilot with over 4,400 flight hours and has flow more than 30 different aircraft.
General Polk has devoted a lot of his time to a number of volunteer organizations including:
- 4 years on board of the Order of Daedalians (fraternal organization of military aviators); 2 years as chairman and national commander
- 4 years as trustee of the Daedalian Foundation (foundation raises money for scholarships and flying programs for young people interested in careers in military aviation); 2 years as chairman
- nearly 7 years as co-chairman of the Air Force Retiree Council (organization that reports to the Chief of Staff of the Air Force on issues affecting AF retirees)
- 4+years as member of the board of directors of the Dream Flight Foundation (provides flights in Stearman aircraft for senior citizens, mostly veterans)
- 7+years as a trustee of the Falcon Foundation (organization that raises money for prep school experience for prospective Air Force Academy cadets)that